Friday, April 22, 2011

The renewal of Easter...

So this weekend is going to be awesome!!!! First of all, IT'S EASTER weekend!!! Which is always fun because there just seems to be such a renewing attitude from people everywhere. People seem to know this weekend is different even if they don't necessarily believe in Jesus and his resurrection, they seem to feel the start of something new. It's like everyone has a new beginning and it's a refreshing thing to remember that this weekend we celebrate the cross and the new life we can have because of it.

Secondly, I have packed this weekend full of wonderful things. Today I spent time with Leah and some new ladies and their adorable kids. They were fun to talk to, and mommy time is always appreciated!!! Then, tonight my sis has her b-day party so the house is full of cute lil 12 and 13 year olds running around everywhere. It brings back memories of middle school. I wasn't really much of a social butterfly back then, but I remember the things that I so innocently used to enjoy. I loved to read, listen to music, talk on the phone, play school, and gossip about boys. I am so proud of my lil sis and she is such a beautiful and wonderful young woman. She loves Jesus with all her heart and she really lives it out, more than I did at her age!! I love her so much!!!! Anyways, tomorrow I will be hanging out with Emily and her husband and I am so excited! It will be super fun and it will be nice for Xoe to go hang out with Chase. They are so funny together.

Then, Jason's mom is coming to town. That will be so nice! I know Jason is excited to see her since he doesn't get to see his family much. I know he misses his family, and I feel bad that we don't have the time to go visit them in Florida. So it will be nice to have her here for some time!

It is times like these that I realize how blessed I really am. Despite the fact that we have so many loose ends in our lives, and we have no idea how things are supposed to work out, when I think about the bigger things, and I realize how much God is in control, I can truly appreciate the few things I do have. I can appreciate that I have a loving husband, even though we have been having a hard time lately. I have an absolutely beautiful daughter is so worth every minute I can spend with her. And most importantly, I have a loving Savior who has taken me from the ugly person I was and has made me a beautiful creation through His blood. I have to cling to Him. I have to let Him be my hope, my strength, my love.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! hope you had a fabulous easter weekend! happy that you got your own place too. hopefully things will get easier now that you're in YOUR home with just the 3 of you. love you! you're beautiful!
    ~heather

    ReplyDelete